As a mom to 2 little ones that stays at home with her kids and works from home, I can say the schedule can be erratic. My work at home job doesn’t take much time at all in the morning, maybe 1-2 hours. However, I never know when I will receive the work so I have to be flexible. The times vary. Here is a sample daily schedule:
- 8AM-9AM- Breakfast for the kids.
- 9AM-10AM- Kids free time while I work.
- 10AM-11AM- Snack time for the kids. Usually an arts and craft activity or preschool activity while I clean the kitchen, chores in laundry room.
- 11AM-noon- Free time, outside time, check emails, etc.
- Noon- Lunch for us all.
- 12:30-1:00- Chores.
- 1:00- Put my 19 month old daughter down for a nap.
- 1:00-4:00- While my daughter is asleep, I spend one on one time with my son. We also do chores together. He enjoys “certain chores”. I also start thinking about dinner and preparing anything ahead of time if needed. IF possible, I might lay down for a little bit if I’m able to. I notice my son starts to get cranky around 2-3, so I might put him down for a nap during this time if possible.
- 4pm- Start dinner because my husband gets off around this time.
- 5:00-6:00pm- Eat dinner, clean up, get ready to leave if we all run errands as a family.
- 6:00-8:00pm- Family time. Baths usually start at 7:30-8pm.
- Sometimes around 9 or earlier the kids are in bed. Yay!
To check out more stay at home mom schedules I’ve created, check them out below:
Also my homemaking category has some other neat schedules.