In the past I’ve discussed stay at home moms who feel depressed. I’m not talking about post partum depression, I’m referring to the depression a mom feels when she feels like she is stuck in a rut. I’ve been experiencing a little bit of that this week. I can honestly say it is because again, I feel uneasy about the future. After the last article I criticized that said stated stay at home moms are basically ruining their job chances if they stay at home, it made be ponder my own future.
I think the problem with staying at home for me personally are these things:
- I don’t get out of the house enough, although I preach it to others!
- I graduated and immediately stayed home instead of working and then staying at home.
- Finish college.
- Get a job.
- Work a few years to have experience and save money, pay off debts.
- Have my kids.
- Stay at home.
- Go back to work, maybe part time when they entered elementary.
- Finished college.
- Started a master’s degree.
- Had my 1st kid.
- Finished a master’s degree.
- Had my 2nd kid.
- Unemployment hit the roof in our country.
- I became a forced stay at home mom due to daycare expenses and the lack of jobs in my field.
- Attempting to start a business online and hope and pray that it works.